HARLEY-DAVIDSON 2007 MOTORCYCLES HONOR MILITARY SERVICE
14 November 2006 - Harley-Davidson Inc.
American Military Personnel and Veterans Know Well the Extraordinary Sacrifice Required to Serve Their Country and Protect Freedom Around the World
It is a Level of Dedication and Commitment That Cannot Be Taken for Granted and is Greatly Respected by Harley-Davidson
American military personnel and veterans know well the extraordinary sacrifice required to serve their country and protect freedom around the world. It is a level of dedication and commitment that cannot be taken for granted and is greatly respected by Harley-Davidson.
Harley-Davidson will provide those who have served their country the chance to customize their motorcycle with details honoring their military service with the 2007 Patriot Special Edition program. These specially-decorated Harley-Davidson models will be sold only to active duty U.S. military service men and women, veterans and immediate family members of both those categories.
''Harley-Davidson is proud of the unique bond and heritage we have with the military going as far back as 1916,'' said Jim McCaslin, President and Chief Operating Officer, Harley-Davidson Motor Company. ''The Patriot Special Edition is simply a way to help honor those who have served. These are customized motorcycles for very special members of the Harley-Davidson family.''
The Patriot Special Edition program will be available on 12 different 2007 Harley-Davidson models (see list below) that can be customized to one of these participating military branches: U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Navy.
Patriot Special Edition Participating Motorcycles:
• FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
• FLHRC Road King Classic
• FLHX Street Glide
• FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom
• FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
• FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
• FLSTF Fat Boy
• FXSTC Softail Custom
• XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom
• XL1200L Sportster 1200 Low
• XL883C Sportster 883 Custom
• VRSCAW V-Rod
These Vivid Black motorcycles will be accented with red and blue pin striping and the standard U.S. flag, consistent with all military uniform symbols, on the fender. The Patriot Special Edition motorcycles will feature a branch-specific fuel tank badge installed at the dealership. Customers will receive a personal letter of appreciation and special-edition Harley-Davidson Challenge Coin made by the Franklin Mint. Challenge Coins are a unique and time-honored tradition in the military.
Customers will need to provide proof of military service. Veterans will need their DD Form 214 (active military discharge document) to qualify for purchase. Eligible military service includes active duty personnel (including National Guard and Reserves), veterans and immediate family members of both of those categories.
Harley-Davidson Military Highlights include:
• An estimated 20,000 motorcycles, most of them Harley-Davidson models, took part in World War I. Corporal Roy Holtz of Chippewa Falls, Wis., was photographed as the first American riding into Germany after the signing of the Armistice in 1918.
• During World War II, the company produced approximately 90,000 WLA military Harley-Davidson models used on virtually every front, and the Company received the Army-Navy ''E'' Awards for excellence in wartime production.
• Many Harley-Davidson customers and dealers are military veterans, and it is estimated that about 14 percent of Harley-Davidson U.S. employees are veterans. The Company has supported community events such as the Rolling Thunder Ride to the Vietnam Veteran''s Memorial in Washington, D.C., and the Vietnam Veteran''s Memorial and World War II Memorial.
Check out the Patriot Special Edition webpage for additional imagery and details on this line-up of specially-decorated Harley-Davidson models.
Harley-Davidson, Inc. is the parent company for the group of companies doing business as Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Buell Motorcycle Company and Harley-Davidson Financial Services. Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight street, custom and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories, apparel and general merchandise. Buell Motorcycle Company produces sport motorcycles in addition to motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel. Harley-Davidson Financial Services, Inc. provides wholesale and retail financing and insurance programs to Harley-Davidson/Buell dealers and customers.
For November 2006
From Harley-Davidson Inc.
Biker247.com Home Page